|Nick Martell (photo by Kyle Van Laar)|
Nick Martell started writing novels in fifth grade, and his debut novel, The Kingdom of Liars (summer 2020), sold when he was 23 years old. Currently, he lives outside Allentown, PA.
Today he tells us about his Six Books
1. What book are you currently reading?
2. What upcoming book are you really excited about?
3. Is there a book you’re currently itching to read again?
Doesn’t that just make you want to dive into it? It’s only gotten better with time and is one of my favorite books of all time.
4. How about a book you’ve changed your mind about – either positively or negatively?
5. What’s one book, which you read as a child or a young adult, that has had a lasting influence on your writing?
One of the books—The Shifting Sands—I remember not being able to find anywhere and debating for a long time whether I should skip that one and continue with the series since I had the rest or keep holding out hope I’d find it soon. I ended up skipping ahead simply because I couldn’t wait to read the others. They were so good! And the follow up series after the initial one was just as enthralling to a young reader. I’m not sure I would have learned to love to read without that series, so it’ll always have a special place in my heart.
6. And speaking of that, what’s your latest book, and why is it awesome?
It’s awesome because I think it’s a new take on fantasy heroes. Michael was created to almost be an anti-protagonist that doesn’t exemplify a lot of the normal tropes. He has a deep ingrained distrust of men, routinely gets made fun of, teaches himself magic without a mentor, and is a liar who ends up turning a lot of his exaggerations into reality through hard work and persistence. I’m pretty proud of this book and hope readers will enjoy it just as much.
Thank you, Nick!
POSTED BY: Paul Weimer. Ubiquitous in Shadow, but I’m just this guy, you know? @princejvstin.