Jennifer Brozek is a wordslinger and optimist, an author, media tie-in writer, an editor, and a collector of antique occult literature. She believes the best thing about being a full-time freelance publishing industry professional, is the fact that she gets to choose which 60 hours of the week she works. In-between cuddling her cats, writing, and editing, Jennifer is an active member of SFWA, HWA, and IAMTW. She keeps a tight writing and editing schedule and credits her husband with being the best sounding board ever. Visit Jennifer’s worlds at jenniferbrozek.com or on Twitter: @JenniferBrozek.
1. What book(s) are you currently reading?
2. What upcoming book(s) are you really excited about?
The other book I’m looking forward to is Book of Night by Holly Black due out in May 2022. It’s got a fascinating premise and one of my new favorite names for a type of magician: Gloamist. I’m all about falling in love with a new-to-me world.
3. Is there a book you’re currently itching to re-read?
4. A book that you love and wish that you yourself had written.
5. What’s one book, which you read as a child or a young adult, that has had a lasting influence on your writing?
6. And speaking of that, what’s your latest book, and why is it awesome?
As an editor, my latest anthology is The Reinvented Heart, co-edited with Cat Rambo. What happens when emotions like love and friendship span vast distances—in space, in time, and in the heart? This anthology is filled with stories that complicate sex and gender by showing how shifting technology may affect social attitudes and practices, stories that include relationships with communities and social groups, stories that reinvent traditional romance tropes and recast them for the 21st century.
Thank you, Jenn!
POSTED BY: Paul Weimer. Ubiquitous in Shadow, but I’m just this guy, you know? @princejvstin.