- Science fiction, fantasy and speculative fiction literature
- SF/F and cult films
- SF/F and speculative fiction television
- Comic books/graphic fiction, including but not limited to superheroes
- Video games with at least some SF/F elements
- Science and technology, when related to ideas or motifs in science fiction
That doesn't mean we want anything on these topics. It also doesn't mean we would automatically turn down something that doesn't quite fit into these categories either. Rather, we want stuff that understands, fits with, but perhaps also expands, the site's horizons and preoccupations. There can be some give and take in the pitch process, so if you're unsure, just ask if your idea is appropriate. A few things we'd specifically like to avoid: partisan politics, religious proselytizing, and posts disparaging individuals or social groups. There are places that like that kind of thing; this is not one of them.
Nuts and Bolts
If you'd like to be a guest writer for this site, you can send us either a pitch and short writing sample (either as text embedded in the email or a link to a site you've written for in the past), or a finished article (as text). Send all submissions, in a single email, addressed to both firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.